Laser marking machine refers to a device that uses a laser beam to make permanent marks on the surface of various materials. Laser engraving machine is an advanced equipment that uses laser to engrave the materials. The common feature of laser marking machine and laser engraving machine is the use of laser processing, and they all belong to advertising equipment. Laser marking machines can be used not only in the advertising industry, but also in various packaging industries. Laser engraving machines can be also used in various decoration and automobile industries.
The Main Differences Between Laser Marking Machine and Laser Engraving Machine
1. Different definitions
Laser marking machine uses a laser beam to evaporate the surface material to expose the deep material, which leads to chemical and physical changes in the surface material to engrave traces, or to burn part of the material through light energy to show the desired etching graphics, text.
Laser engraving machine is a technological equipment that uses laser to engrave materials. Laser engraving machine can also be called laser cutting machine, laser engraver, etc. It shoots the laser on almost all materials such as wood products, acrylic granules, plastic plates, metal plates, and stone.
2. Different applied materials
Since the laser marking machine does not require deep engraving, it only realizes marking by laser marking the logo and name, and most metal and non-metal materials can basically be marked. Very little cutting is used.
Laser engraving machines generally engrave or cut non-metallic materials, such as marble, wood, crystal, acrylic, etc.
3. The prices are not the same
The price of laser marking machine is different due to different marking materials, ranging from several thousand to hundreds of thousands.
For non-metal laser engraving and cutting machines, the price of low-power ones is much cheaper than laser marking machines. But laser engraving machines for cutting thick metals are also very expensive.
4. The depth and speed are different
The speed of the laser marking machine is much faster than that of the laser engraving machine. Like a mineral water manufacturer, the assembly line for 1 minute is about 100 meters.
Laser engraving machine can engrave in a large stroke size, and it can also cut, and the depth is far more than that of the laser marking machine.
5. The working size is different
The working area of the laser marking machine is not particularly large, just as large as an ordinary office desk.
Some low-power laser engraving machines have a small processing area, but some high-power laser engraving machines are mainly used to cut metal. The processing area is very large, at least the size of a bed.
With the development of laser technology, the types and performance of laser equipment are continuously improved and enhanced. Laser marking machine and laser engraving machine still have certain differences in the printing medium, the price of the product, the scope of use, and the function of the product.
Which Industries and Products Are Laser Marking Machines and Laser Engraving Machines Used in?
1. Application of laser marking machine
(1) All kinds of metals: marking of electronic hardware accessories industry. Many people may not understand that laser marking machines are used to mark some hardware accessories and electronic components. For materials with high friction such as automobiles, ships, machinery, equipment, etc., the use of laser marking can achieve wear resistance and help the industry marking.
(2) Used in IT industry, communication industry, machine manufacturing, food and medicine, medical equipment, watches and glasses, craft gifts, precious metal jewelry, leather clothing, packaging and printing stoves, precision hardware, accessories, electrical appliances, instruments and other metals processing industry.
(3) Application through polymer materials, electronic components, wire speed limit, reflective film, plastic buttons, sapphire, glass, ceramic tiles, aluminum plates, signs and other metal materials, non-metallic materials, etc. For the use of cold-processed uv laser marking machines, these are its specialties, and the targeted industries are electronic communications, electrical engineering, instrumentation, precision hardware, watches and glasses, jewelry, ceramics and other industries.
(4) For non-metal processing industries such as clothing, leather, craft gifts, packaging, advertising, wood, textiles, plastics, signs, electronic communications, watches, glasses, printing, decoration, etc., laser marking can be realized. Wood products, cloth, leather, organic glass, epoxy resin, acrylic, unsaturated resin and other non-metallic materials have good results.
(5) The application in the food industry currently mainly refers to the use of lasers to make various information marks on the surface of food, such as patterns, two-dimensional codes, etc. The advantages are no consumables, finer and clearer printing effects, higher resolution, and low rate of malfunctions, clean and pollution-free.
(6) Direct packaging industry. We all know that the laser marking machine is also a laser coding machine, which is used to mark and identify food and beverage packaging, wine bottle caps, cigarette packaging, medicine box/bottle packaging… no matter what material it is, these need to be marked by laser marking machine, that is, the production date, batch number, and two-dimensional code of the product are clearly on the material.
2. Application of laser engraving machine
(1) The rapid development of plaques, signs, and signs of urban public facilities, street renovations, modern residential quarters, hotels, and office buildings have generated a lot of demand for signs and guidance systems that meet international standards. Among them, carved plaques and signs occupy a considerable part. In order to establish a good corporate image and improve internal management, powerful companies have also replaced company plaques with engraved ones, in the form of engraved production of badges, section cards which have long become a fashion trend.
(2) Architectural models, mechanical models, vehicle models, and ship model models are the oldest design tools. Modern society has given newer meanings and wider uses to models. It is no exaggeration to say that models are industrial model. The performance and display of machinery, vehicles, ships, architectural design schemes, and the sale of commercial houses are all inseparable from models. The models themselves also have independent competitions, commemorations and collections and other activities and meanings. At present, the laser engraving machine that makes the model production more exquisite and faster has become the best helper for making models in all walks of life.
(3) More and more arts and crafts, gifts, souvenirs, medals, certificates, souvenirs and advertising materials in conferences and tourism activities are popularly made by engraving. Engraving on pens, leather goods, tableware, lighters, watches, bottle openers, key chains, trophies, award plates, imitation crystal ornaments, golf clubs, shotguns, rings and other items can reflect taste and personality. Boxes, pendants, mirror frames, silverware and other items are engraved with interesting carvings to cater to people’s needs for emotional communication.
(4) Laser engraving machine can easily and quickly create a large number of exquisite molds for building decoration materials such as gypsum ceilings, ceramic tiles, floor tiles, and so on, so that the value of decorative materials processed by this mold is doubled. In countries with developed manufacturing industries, most of the surface marking of parts, the production of instrument panels, and the production of various signs necessary for the standardized management of enterprises, identification plates, work number plates, and production flow charts are done by laser engraving machines. According to survey statistics, in developed industrial countries in Western Europe such as Germany and Switzerland, 2/3 of the laser engraving machines are used as machine tools in factories.
(5) Plexiglass is one of the most ideal engraving materials. No matter which of the five processes of “cutting”, “milling”, “carving”, “engraving” and “drilling” of the engraving machine are used, plexiglass has excellent processability. Plexiglass has always been an ideal material for testing equipment, models, POP advertising decorations, small decorations, artistic lamps, craft gifts, souvenirs, etc.. This intimate combination of good tools and good materials – laser engraving machines and plexiglass will inevitably produce a variety of excellent products.