Laser marking is widely used in various industries because of its permanence, corrosion resistance, abrasion resistance, safety and environmental friendliness.
electronic components, integrated circuits (IC), electrical appliances, mobile communications, hardware products, tool accessories, precision instruments, glasses and watches, jewelry, auto parts, plastic buttons, building materials, and PVC pipes.
So, how to choose the right laser marking machine for beginners?
What types of laser marking machines are there?
Related: What is a Laser Marking Machine?
The laser wavelengths of above fiber/CO2/UV laser marking machines are 1064nm, 10.6μm, 355nm. The materials suitable for marking are different for different wavelengths and powers.
Fiber laser marking machine is the most widely used model at present. It uses fiber laser to output laser, and then realizes marking function through ultra-high-speed scanning galvanometer system. Fiber laser marking machines are suitable for most metal materials and some non-metal materials, cloth, leather, glass, paper, polymer materials, electronics, hardware, jewelry, tobacco, etc.
The CO2 laser uses carbon dioxide gas as its working substance. It is suitable for most non-metallic materials, such as paper, leather, wood, plastic, plexiglass, cloth, acrylic, wood, bamboo, rubber, crystal, jade, ceramics, glass and artificial stone.
UV laser marking machine belongs to cold light or UV laser marking, which is a more promising model. When fiber laser marking machine cannot mark with satisfactory results, UV laser marking machines can generally mark well. It is mainly used for ultra-fine marking and engraving, especially suitable for food and medical packaging materials marking, micro-hole drilling, high-speed division of glass materials, and complex pattern cutting of silicon wafers.
What are the accessories and parameters of the laser marking machine?
The main configuration components of the laser marking machine include: laser, galvanometer, field lens, marking card, industrial control computer, cabinet shell, ruler and lifting shaft, etc.
The main product parameters of the laser marking machine are: laser type, laser wavelength, laser power, marking range, engraving speed, etc. The marking range is determined by the field lens, and the marking speed is also affected by the product material density, marking depth, and marking width, etc,.
Suggestions for configuration selection of laser marking machine
1. Laser. It is the core component of the laser marking machine, and its quality is one of the main factors that affect the marking effect. The well-known Chinese laser brands such as Chuangxin, Raycus, JPT, etc., are of good quality and high stability.
2. Laser power. Although it is the key to speed and effect, in the case of determining the material of the processed product, a model with a power that meets the processing requirements should be selected, and high power should not be selected blindly.
3. Field lens. Its function is to focus the light from the galvanometer on a plane. The field lens determines the marking range. When choosing a laser marking machine, you need to clarify the marking range of your product and determine it according to your needs.
4. The laser marking machine can be divided into static and flying according to the working mode. It is recommended to choose the flying laser marking machine for marking products on the conveyor belt, and the static laser marking machine for static secondary processing. In addition, generally speaking, the greater the laser power, the more heat it generates. The cooling method should be air-cooled or water-cooled according to the amount of heat.
How to buy a suitable laser marking machine?
There are many types of laser marking machines. First, you must figure out your company’s production scope, processing materials and volume, etc., so as to determine the model, format and quantity of the laser marking equipment to be purchased.
Suitable for marking materials
When a manufacturer chooses a laser marking machine, it must first consider the material to be processed. The materials are different and the configuration parameter requirements are also different. For example, metal engraving generally uses fiber laser marking equipment, and non-metallic materials can choose carbon dioxide laser marking machine. For ultra-fine marking and perforation, it is recommended to use UV laser marking equipment.
The marking range meets the size of the processed workpiece
Choose the appropriate machine format according to the size of the product to be processed. For the selection of the size of the laser marking machine, it is not that the larger the machine format, the better. On the one hand, large-format equipment is of course more expensive, on the other hand, some poor-quality equipment have unstable average laser output at various points on the large-format, resulting in different levels of marking on the same table, so choose the most appropriate width is correct.
Specific process requirements for marking
Even laser marking can be subdivided into more specific processing techniques such as plane marking, three-dimensional marking, fixed marking, flying marking, marking scribing. Before purchasing equipment, you must inform the laser marking machine supplier of the detailed requirements so that the most suitable equipment can be selected.
Qualifications and services
When choosing a laser marking machine, many people tend to focus on the contract and price, thus ignoring some of the supplier’s qualification issues, and it is easy to leave unnecessary trouble for future work. When choosing a laser marking machine manufacturer, it is best to inspect the other party in many ways, such as whether the company has relevant licenses, whether the laser equipment has a qualification certificate, etc.
The competition in the laser industry is becoming increasingly fierce. Customers should not only pay attention to product quality and corporate qualifications when choosing, but also learn more about the services provided by the laser marking machine company. For example, after installation and commissioning, will the company provide professional training instructions to ensure that operators can become familiar with various operations as soon as possible.
Steps to Buy Laser Engraver from Linxuan Laser
1. Consult: Depends on your requirements, we will recommend the most suitable laser marking machine to you.
2. Quotation: Our detail quotation is according to the consulted laser marking machine. You will get the most suitable specifications, the best accessories and the affordable price.
3. Process Evaluation: Both sides carefully evaluate and discuss all the details (technical parameters, specifications and business terms) of the order to exclude any misunderstanding.
4. Placing Order: If there is no doubt, we will send you the PI (Proforma Invoice), and sign a contract with you.
5. Production: We will arrange the machine production as soon as receiving your signed sales contract and deposit. During the production, we will also send you the latest news about production.
6. Quality Control: The whole production procedure will be under regular inspection and strict quality control. The complete machine will be tested to make sure they can work very well before out of factory.
7. Delivery: We will arrange the delivery as the terms in the contract after the confirmation by the fiber laser marker buyer.
8. Custom Clearance: We will supply and deliver all the necessary shipping documents to the buyer and ensure a smooth customs clearance.
9. Support and Service: We will offer professional technical support and free service by Phone, Email, Skype, WhatsApp, Online Live Chat, Remote Service.
Before choosing a laser marking machine, you can simply understand the basic knowledge of purchase, and then work with the laser marking equipment company to choose the most suitable laser marking machine for the product to be marked. Choosing the most suitable laser marking machine is the first step to obtain a satisfactory mark, and it is also a very important step.