Laser marking machine is a device that uses a laser beam to make permanent marks on the surface of various materials. Laser engraving machine is an advanced equipment that uses laser to engrave materials that need to be engraved. The common characteristics of laser marking machine and laser engraving machine is the use of laser processing, and they both belong to advertising equipment. Laser markers can be used not only in the advertising industry, but also in various packaging industries. The laser engravers can be used not only in the advertising industry, but also in various decoration and automobile industries.
So what is the main difference between laser marking machine and laser engraving machine?
1. Different definitions.
Laser engraving machine is a technological equipment that uses laser to engrave materials that need to be engraved. Laser engraving machine can also be called laser cutting machine, laser engraver, etc. It shoots the laser on almost all materials such as wood products, acrylic granules, plastic plates, metal plates, and stone.
Laser marking machine uses a laser beam to evaporate the surface material to expose the deep material, which leads to chemical and physical changes in the surface material to engrave traces, or to burn off part of the material through light energy to show the pattern and text to be etched.
2. Different applied materials.
Laser engraving machine is generally used to engrave or cut non-metallic materials, such as marble, wood, crystal, acrylic, etc.
Laser marking machine does not require deep engraving, just by marking the logo, name to achieve identification, and most metal and non-metal materials can basically be marked. Very little cutting is used.
3. The prices are not the same.
The price of laser marking machine is different due to different materials, ranging from several thousand to several hundred thousand.
Laser engraving and cutting machine for non-metal, the price of low power is much cheaper than laser marking machine. But laser engraving machines for cutting thick metals are also very expensive.
4. The depth and speed are different.
Laser engraving machine can engrave on a large stroke size, and it can also cut, and the depth is far more than that of laser marking machine.
The speed of the laser marking machine is much faster than that of the laser engraving machine. Like a mineral water manufacturer, the assembly line is about 100 meters in 1 minute.
5. The working width is different.
The working area of laser marking machine is not very large, just as big as an ordinary desk.
Some low-power laser engraving machines have a small processing area, but some high-power laser engravers are mainly used to cut metal. The processing area is very large, at least the size of a bed.
With the development of laser technology, the types and performance of laser equipment are continuously improved and improved. There are still certain differences between the two in the printing medium, price, the scope of use, and the function of the product.
Which industries and products are laser marking machines and laser engraving machines used in?
1. Application of laser marking machine.
(1) All kinds of metals: Electronic hardware accessories industry markings. Many people may not understand that laser marking machines are used to mark some hardware accessories and electronic components. For materials with high friction such as automobiles, ships, machinery, equipment, etc., the use of laser marking can achieve wear resistance.
(2) Used in IT industry, communication industry, machine manufacturing, food and medicine, medical equipment, watches and glasses, craft gifts, precious metal jewelry, leather clothing, packaging and printing stoves, precision hardware, accessories, electrical appliances, instruments and other metals processing industry.
(3) Through polymer materials, electronic components, wire speed limit, reflective film, plastic buttons, sapphire, glass, ceramic tiles, aluminum plates, signs and other metal materials, non-metallic materials, etc. For the use of cold-processed UV laser marking machines, these are the specialties, and the targeted industries are electronic communications, electrical engineering, instrumentation, precision hardware, watches and glasses, jewelry, ceramics and other industries.
(4) Marking can be achieved for non-metal processing industries such as clothing, leather, craft gifts, packaging, advertising, wood, textiles, plastics, signs, electronic communications, clocks, glasses, printing, and decoration. Wood products, cloth, leather, organic glass, epoxy resin, acrylic, unsaturated resin and other non-metallic materials marking have good results.
(5) The application in the food industry currently mainly refers to the use of lasers to make various information marks on the surface of food, such as patterns, two-dimensional codes, etc. The advantages are no consumables, finer and clearer printing effects, higher resolution, low rate of malfunctions, clean and pollution-free.
(6) Direct packaging industry. We are clear that laser marking machine is also known as laser coding printer. Regardless of the material, this requires a laser marking machine to mark the product, that is, the production date, batch number, and two-dimensional code of the product are clearly marked on the material.
2. Application of laser engraving machine.
(1) Plaques, signs, and signage of urban public facilities, street renovations, modern residential quarters, hotels, and office buildings have generated a lot of demand for identification and guidance systems that meet international standards. In order to establish a good corporate image and improve internal management, powerful companies have also replaced company plaques with engraved ones, and made badges and section cards in the form of engraving.
(2) Architectural models, mechanical models, vehicle models, and ship model models are the oldest design tools. Modern society has given newer meanings and wider uses to models. It is no exaggeration to say that models are industrial model. The performance and display of machinery, vehicles, ships, architectural design schemes, and the sale of commercial houses are all inseparable from models. The models themselves also have independent competitions, commemorations and collections and other activities and meanings. At present, the laser engraving machine that makes the model production more exquisite and faster has become the best helper for making models in all walks of life.
(3) Crafts, gifts, souvenirs, medals, certificates and advertising materials are popularly made by laser engraving. Engraving on pens, leather goods, tableware, lighters, watches, bottle openers, key chains, trophies, award plates, imitation crystal ornaments, golf clubs, shotguns, rings and other items can reflect taste and personality. Boxes, pendants, mirror frames, silverware and other items with interesting engraving cater to people’s needs for emotional communication.
(4) Industrial building materials. The laser engraving machine can easily and quickly create a large number of exquisite molds for building decoration materials such as gypsum ceilings, ceramic tiles, floor tiles, and so on, so that the value of decorative materials processed by this mold is doubled. In countries with developed manufacturing industries, most of the surface marking of parts, the production of instrument panels, and the production of various signs, identification plates, work number plates, and production flow charts necessary for the standardized management of enterprises are done by laser engraving machines. According to foreign survey statistics, in developed industrial countries in Western Europe such as Germany and Switzerland, 2/3 of the engraving machines are used as machine tools in factories.
(5) Plexiglass technology and processing. Plexiglass is one of the most ideal engraving materials. No matter which of the five processes of “cutting”, “milling”, “carving”, “engraving” and “drilling” of the engraving machine are used, plexiglass has excellent processability. Plexiglass has always been an ideal material for testing equipment, models, POP advertising decorations, small decorations, artistic lamps, craft gifts, souvenirs, etc.. This intimate combination of good tools and good materials – laser engraving machines and plexiglass, will inevitably produce a variety of excellent products.